The Pagan Federation
What is it?
The Pagan Federation (Scotland) is a democratic organisation whose membership is drawn from all the Pagan traditions including Wicca and other forms of Pagan Witchcraft, Druidry, Heathenry, Celtic Paganism, Shamanism and Goddess-Spirituality. It is an autonomous national body within the Pagan Federation, Europe's largest and most active Pagan organisation. Paganism is a spiritual way of life which has its roots in the ancient nature religions of the world. It is principally rooted in the old religions of Europe, though some adherents also find great worth in the indigenous beliefs of other continents.
What does it do?
Scottish PF provides accurate, factual information on modern Paganism to government, NGOs, civic society, the media and the general public. It works to defend Paganism from defamation, strives to protect Pagans from religious discrimination, and campaigns for equality of respect alongside the other religions of this country. In all its endeavours, Scottish PF promotes factual accuracy about Paganism, and works towards the goals of tolerance, respect and mutual understanding.
Scottish PF provides a range of other services. It maintains a register to assist those seeking reputable Pagan Celebrants to officiate at namings, handfastings, funerals and other rites of passage. Most of these celebrants are also able to perform legal religious marriage ceremonies.
Scottish PF also provides resources for schools and for Pagan parents: School Resources
Scottish PF organises a very popular annual national Conference to bring Pagans of all paths together to celebrate the diversity and vitality of our community. Scottish PF publishes a newsletter - SPIN - for members in Scotland and helps to publicise the growing number of moots and other Pagan events in this country. It helps members to meet like-minded people through a system of local contact lists, and provides basic information on Paganism and suggestions for further study to inquirers.
Over the past few years Scottish PF:
* has defended Pagans against attacks from sections of the media and sought to improve the balance and accuracy of their coverage of matters relating to Paganism.
* following the refusal of the government to carry out a detailed analysis of the religious responses in the 2001 Census, Scottish PF lobbied ministers, petitioned parliament, and finally raised £2000 to have the information on the numbers of Pagans and other minority religious groups extracted and freely circulated.
* has been working with the civic inter faith movement since 1994 to win respect and recognition for Pagans within our multi-faith society, and to improve relations between Pagans and other religious groups.
* provides Hospital Visitors on request and provides information on dealing with Pagan patients and clients to the Health and Social Care services.
How can I join?
Scottish PF welcomes applications for membership because the more members we have, the better it we are able to serve Paganism and the Scottish Pagan community. Membership is open to Pagans of all paths resident in Scotland who are aged 18 or more and who affirm its three Principles.
There are two ways in which you can join Scottish PF:
1) Membership with SPIN subscription only. This costs £8 per year, or £10 for joint membership by two people sharing the same address. It includes subscription to SPIN (4 issues per year), access to local PF members contact lists if desired, and membership discounts on tickets for events organised by Scottish PF - notably the annual Scottish PF conference.
2) Membership with Pagan Dawn and SPIN subscriptions. This costs £20 per year, or £24 for joint membership by two people sharing the same address. It includes subscription to Pagan Dawn, the PFs flagship quarterly magazine, as well as SPIN, access to local PF members contact lists if desired, and membership discounts on tickets for all events organised by the Pagan Federation in any country. To apply for either category of membership, simply fill in the appropriate parts of the form and send it off with your subscription. (for Application form - click here)
To apply for either category of membership, simply fill in the appropriate form and send it off with your subscription to the address given on the form.
The Pagan Federation (Scotland) regards membership of any organisations that refuse to support freedom of religion and equality of race, gender, and sexual orientation, as incompatible with our aims, objectives and values.
Make a donation: